Friday, March 18, 2011

Bring on the Sun


We finally had one partial day of sun yesterday for the first time in over two weeks and now it is gone again. I want the sun to come out and stay out so the snow can melt once and for all. The temperatures are supposed to rise over the next couple of days so let's hope it doesn't rain so we can get outside and enjoy the weather.

This week our challenge at Phindy's Friday Challenges is to make a card that is all about Hot Stuff/Warm Colors/Sunshine.  When I was deciding which image I would use, I saw this little guy and he sure reminded me of summer,warm colours and SUNSHINE.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Digi Doodle Shops Best - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - Use Die Cuts
Art Impressions Stamps - Punches or Stamps

Image:  Deep Sea Diver (Phindy's Place)
Card Stock:  Bazzill
Papers:  Yellow (Provo Craft), Stripe & Orange Polka Dot (Sandylion Sticker Designs), Yellow Gingham & Yellow with Dots (My Stash)
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolors) with OMS (Taltine)
Tools & Embellishments:  Chalk (Mungyo), Card Candy (Craftwork Cards), Ribbon (Michaels), Small & Medium Sun Punches (Marvy Uchida), Large Sun (Hand Cut), Clear Gel Pen (Sakura)

15 comments:

  1. Yes, PLEASE, bring on the sun~~~
    This is gorgeous Cec! Lovin' that HUGE sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sunny and bright! Love your flower sun.
    Heide

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Cec!! Beautiful warm summer colors. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh, Cec, this is adorable! makes me smile big!!!! reminds me of my guys when they were younger dressed exactly like this little guy!

    have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cec. Everything about this one screams HOT! Lovely card.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Cec!!! I've been itching to get out some of my 'tube images too!!! Just love it!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, love the orange and yellow color combo, very sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Cec, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a colourful and sunny card! I love the digi you've used.. Nice colouring....
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! So sunny colours! Thanks for joining Art Impressions Challenge#8!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sunny and hot card, love your colours and hope the sun melts your snow soon Cec! That hand-cut sun is fab

    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, lovely and bright, thank you for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely creation! Thanks for joining in this weeks Die Cuts challenge at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cec this card is so sunfully fantastic. All those bright sunny yellows make your wonderfully colored image pop. This may be one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Skipping spring and headed full throttle into summer!
    Alas, they tell us winter is coming back this weekend! Darling card-love this little guy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec