Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Home Holds Hearts


It is another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow and this week we want to see SENSATIONAL STITCHING on your card or other paper crafting project.  You can do real stitching by machine or by hand or you can do faux stitching.  I have chosen to do my stitching by hand primarily because I worry about wrecking my sewing machine.  One of these days I will take a leap of faith and give it a try with my machine and I'll probably find out that it is fine.  I know it will save me a ton of time and open up the design possibilities.

Along with our challenge this week, we are having the last activity in our month-long first anniversary celebration and Tracy, the owner of Sugar Creek Hollow would like you to help her to name this image before it goes into the store.  The details about this contest can be found here.


I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Paper Play Challenges - Distressing
Meljens Designs - Punches
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - In Stitches
Anything Goes Challenge - Make Your Own Embellishments

Image:  Door (Sugar Creek Hollow)
Sentiment:  My Creation
Card Stock:  Green (Bazzill), Brown & Yellow (Recollections)
Papers:  Basic Grey
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolors) with OMS (Taltine)
Tools & Embellishments:  Flower Punch (EK Paper Shapers), Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Peeled Paint & Walnut Distress Ink (Ranger), Seed Beads (My Stash), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Cindy Loo Cartridge (Cricut), Embroidery Floss (My Stash)

14 comments:

  1. Cec, What a truly stunning card. I love the papers, so earthy to go with this wood door.
    Wonderful saying and love the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous design, colors and stitching! You have presented us with masterpiece this week, awesome!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card and so very different. I love the old style door. Thank you for joining in at Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very lovely. Your coloring skills are immaculate...looks like real wood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cec, I just love the addition of the flowers to this vine ribbon!! How come I didn't think of it? I may have to try it next time! Your card is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cec, your coloring on the beautiful door is amazing. It looks like real wood. Your stitching is great too. I don't know how you'd feel about getting a second sewing machine just for cards but I have the Janome Sew Mini. It only does 8 different stitches but for only $50 (on sale with free shipping) I figured it would be a good one to start with since I only planned to sew on my cards. It's worked well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cec Beautiful Card. I love the colors and the vine ribbon with your flowers is perfect with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh that is pretty, Cec. Lovely warm bright colours, the door is fab, and a perfect sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful!
    PS - stitching on your cards won't wreck your machine ;) Just try to avoid stitching through adhesive so your needle doesn't get sticky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week and sharing your beautiful project! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the colours and all the fantastic details on it. Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with us at Meljen's Designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, Cec!

    Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs for our Punch Challenge

    ~ Dianna, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is one of the most impressive card I've seen last week! I adore the warm colour scheme and that door tucked in flowers looks like it might open any minute and who knows what's inside..
    Beautiful!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec