Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oriental Butterfly


It is another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow and of course we have a challenge for you but today is also the launch of the month-long celebration of our first anniversary.


Let's start with the challenge. It is a sketch challenge and our hostesses have created a really clean sketch this month so I decided to go with a simple design for my take on the sketch. It almost looks like I have become a little bipolar in my crafting for Sugar Creek Hollow - last week it was over the top bling and this week it is clean and simple.

I can't wait to see what all of you do with this sketch.  It should be fun to see how many of you go with clean and simple and how many jazz it up.  By the way, this month we have a Guest Designer joining us and she starts today so make sure you make Darlene feel welcome.

Now on to the anniversary fun stuff.  As I mentioned on March 1st, we have blog candy for you starting today.  To be in the running to win the blog candy, just go to the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog and become a follower, if aren't already one.  Then you need to leave a comment with a contact email in case you win, grab a copy of the blog candy photo and post it on your sidebar with a link back to the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog.  Don't forget any of the steps or you won't be eligible to win.  Look at all these wonderful crafting supplies.  I wish I could win.


Make sure you mark your calendar so you are sure to come back each week this month to see what challenges we have planned and to participate in the fun activities, such as the Blog Hop on March 19th and the Image Naming Contest on March 26th.

Image:  Butterfly Tile (Sugar Creek Hollow)
Card Stock:  Recollections
Papers:  Far East Collection (DCWV)
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolors) with OMS (Taltine)
Tools & Embellishments:  Chalk (Mungyo), Purple Stickles (Ranger), Metal Orienal Disk (Gift from SCH Teammate), Ribbon (Michaels), Loopy Scalloped Square SVG File cut with MTC Software and Cricut (Bird's Cards)

8 comments:

  1. I love your CAS this week....this is one of my fav images and your button is perfect with it. Tfs your creative talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning to our "Travel-Bug"...tee hee!!! Hope you are having a great time while you are away. You have really pulled off this purple card. If you notice, that is one color I very rarely use...I just cannot get it to come together. However...you have inspired me to try it. I love the shimmer on your butterfly too. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cec, you did an amazing job with this image...it is one of my favorites! I love it coupled with the Asian writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC Cec! The fact that my favorite color is purple really drew my eye to this creation right away and I LOVE your CAS design ... something I struggle with!!

    Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I'm so thrilled to be a part of the SCH fun this month! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cec, I love this image and you have colored the butterfly in beautifully. The little charm goes great with the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cec,
    Hurry home, we miss you!
    Love your card this week, scallops and background paper is so attractive with this image! Beautiful!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cec, your rich purples are so beautiful! Great job combining the vintage butterfly with an Asian theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card -- that butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec