Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Butterflies Galore


I am back from my trip out west to check on my Mother-in-Law.  She celebrated her 89th birthday and while her short-term memory is deteriorating, she is hanging in there physically.  I took my four year-old Granddaughter with me and she was fabulous.  She loved the planes and the hotel, didn't play shy with any of the relatives she was meeting for the first time, which made them very happy and she remembered her manners, which impressed a lot of waitresses and got her a pile of little toys. 

We had at least one "I miss my Mommy" session each day but if I distracted her quickly enough, she was fine.  The ice machine on our floor at the hotel was a great distraction :)  Grandma is still exhausted but I am so glad I did it for both her and her Great Grandma and the memories they will have.

Now on to the challenge this week at Delightful Challenges.  We want you to add butterflies to your paper crafting project.

Our sponsor this week is Cutting Cafe and they are offering three digis of your choice.


I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Flourishes - Stitching
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
KB Cute Monday - Use Pink
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes with a Digi
Alys Sunday Challenge - Anything Goes

Image: Lili Skunk (Digital Delights by Louby Loo)
Card Stock: Cream (Wassau), Pink (Recollections)
Papers: Cream Floral (Sandylion Sticker Designs), Pink (My Stash)
Colouring Medium: Pencil Crayons (Prismacolor) with OMS (Taltine)
Tools & Embellishments: Large Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Tiny Butterfly Punch (Marvy Uchida), Chalk (Mungyo), Ribbon (Michaels), Pearl Stickers (Recollections), Embroidery Floss (My Stash)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cec
    A gorgeous card,love the butterfly
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cec, you sound like such a wonderful grandma!

    Your card is super cute. I love that skunk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cec, what a cute card! The butterflies and skunk look so natural together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just wonderful!!! Love the colors. The butterflies are awesome! Love the digi! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! Thanks for playing in the FTTC #108:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec