Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby Card

It's raining today so that's a great day for crafting.  The last challenge for Phindy's group on Paper Craft Planet before the launch of the New Phindy's Place Challenge Blog was to make a spring baby card.  By the way, if you haven't signed up to be a follower yet, you better head on over.

This card is going off to England where our friend's new grandson was just christened last weekend.  After I got everything cut and ready to go I remembered that I had planned to make my next easel card a bit smaller but I was already committed (or perhaps should be - lol) so I'll try to remember the next time.  I think I will have to adopt some of the techniques I used when I was a working girl to remember important items.  You can get pretty relaxed when you are retired.






I am also entering this in the following challenges:

Pile It On - Easel Card
Meljens Designs - Girlie Colours (Pastels are girlie colours)
Simple Doodles - Layers
Our Creative Corner - Buttons

This sweet image is called Contentment and has been coloured using a combination of Prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencil crayons.  The verse inside is computer generated.  The papers are from a dollar store scrap pack.  The cardstock is from Lasting Impressions and my stash.  Other supplies used:  Swiss Dot Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Chalk (Craf-T Products), Buttons (my stash), Embroidery Floss (my stash), Ribbon (Michaels) and Craft Candy (Craftwork Cards).

22 comments:

  1. AWWW!!! So sweet!! I love your card - and the fact that it's an easel card makes me love it even more. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful easel card. Great job


    Thank you for joining in the challenge @ MelJens design weekly callenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this image is precious and your coloring is beautiful. fantastic card :) thank for joining us on simple doodles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! I use a 4 inch square for my easel cards. That way a 4 inch by 12 inch strip of paper makes one card. 3 cards out of a 12x12 sheet of paper. What size are you making?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card, I keep saying that I want to make an easel card, but I havent' yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card! I love the colors and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a BEAUTIFUL Card!! Love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the embellishments. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! love the colours! thanks for joining us at PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a gorgeous card, Cec!! Wow...I just love the colors that you used!! AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!
    Such soft gentle colors which go perfectly with the sweet image.
    Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet wonderful card - who makes the image????

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a SWEET card! Thanks for "breaking out the buttons" for this week's OCC challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet! What a great easel card :) thanks for piling it on with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous array of colors, patterns and textures. I really love the DP - the spots and strips are wonderful Beautifully colored image too. Terrific job on the buttons challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Toooo sweet!!! I love the layout and colors combinations. GREAT JOB!!!Thank you for joining us @ Meljen's Designs. Wishing you luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cec this is amazing! Your work is always inspirational! Thank you for joining us at Meljen's Designs Challenge Blog - I hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful card! I just love the pastel colors and so many wonderful details!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!! Good Luck on the challenge!
    ♥Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful, thanks so much for playing along with the SD challenge.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is just so delicate and perfect for a baby card.

    Thanks for playing w/ us at Pile It On! Challenge.

    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats you are Challenge #13 Winner please send us an email to get you in contact w/ Softpencil Digital Images.
    -- dalis
    Pile It On Challenge Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec