Saturday, April 17, 2010

Daisy Doodles Ribbit

Have you entered a card in the current Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges yet?  The challenge is to create a card with pink and one other colour.  If you haven't played yet, hop on over because we would love to see your creations.  Your card doesn't have to feature a Daisy Doodles stamp but if you want to use one they can be purchased here or here.

I don't know why but this week I seemed to be following a less is more approach for my card designs.  I was going that direction on this Daisy Doodles card until I found the gingham flower lurking in a little drawer of bits and pieces.  It was then that I had an ah-ha moment and the card ended up with a few more embellishments than originally planned.   It is hard to see in the photo but the butterfly and the leaves are covered in crystal glitter (and so is my desk).

Inside the card I put the following verse:

Let's get together . . .

Your pad or mine?

When I was showing the card to my husband, I started to tell him what was inside but as soon as I read the sentiment on the front he jumped in with "What happened, did you croak.".  We laughed so hard, we were crying but I didn't use it because I couldn't think of anyone off the top of my head that would not be offended even though I thought it was a great verse for the inside.



I am also going to enter this card in the following challenges;

Stampavie - Butterflies
Flutterby Wednesdays  - Open (as long as it includes a butterfly, fairy or angel)
Creative Cottage - Things with Wings
ABC Challenge  - S is for Sparkle
Penny's Challenges - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Touchy, Feely (e.g. flowers, ribbon, etc.)
Papertake Weekly  - Cutie Pie
Pixie Dust Studios  - Green

The image from Daisy Doodles image is called Ribbit and has been coloured using a combination of Prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencil crayons.  The papers are from a Provo Craft Scrap Pack and a freebie from the Flora Doodles collection from Making Handmade Cards (online).  The cardstock is Recollections (Michaels) and my stash.  The sentiment is computer generated.  Other supplies used:  Border Punch, Leaf Punch & Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Ribbon (Michaels), Chalk (Mungyo), Crystal Glitter (Stampendous), Gingham Flower (Offray), White Silk Flowers (Leftovers from my daughter's bridal head piece) and Gems (Dollarama).

10 comments:

  1. Very cool! And how great to use your daughters bridal flowers! It makes your card really personal and special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage Challenge this week!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Loved your husbands response. Maybe make another with his verse, too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is darling! It made me smile! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, adorable! I also love your husband's suggestion for the inside, I probably would have used it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww how cute is that frog, lovely card the design is fab. Thanks for joining this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge I hope you will join us again. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card. Love the little green critter. Thanks for playing with the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card!
    Beautiful colors, a lovely image and the butterflies are wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so sweet! I love that cute little frog, and all of your elements come together perfectly. The butterfly is a wonderful finishing touch! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutter By Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the fun froggy image and such pretty embellishments. thanks for joining in with us at CCT this week.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec