Monday, April 12, 2010

Looking For Clues

Time is flying and here we go with the start of yet another week but the sun is shining here in Southern Ontario - how lovely is that.  Not so in Saskatchewan apparently.  My aunt just called to tell me they were OK after the major windstorm yesterday.  I felt terrible because I didn't hear about it and it turns out they lost trees, roofs and even a ferry went for a float on its own.  In between loads of laundry yesterday and the dreaded ironing, I made this card for the weekly challenge over at Mo Manning's Challenge Blog.

The challenge was to make a card using black, white and kraft along with one other colour.  Those colours just screamed simple to me and here is the result.  Inside I put the following:

The clue . . . 

Too Many Candles
Too Little Cake!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY



The image was a generous freebie calling Looking For Clues and was coloured using a combination of Prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencil crayons.  The papers are from Karen Foster Designs and my stash.  The card stock is Recollections (Michaels).  The sentiment was computer generated.  Other supplies used:  Card Candy (Craftwork Cards), Chalk (Mungyo) and Ribbon (Michaels).

8 comments:

  1. Hi from sunny Nova Scotia! I just stopped by to say your coloring is amazing! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC card - and I LOVE these colors!!! I might just be talked into participating in this challenge!! I wonder how long it goes...gotta go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I love the layout and papers, and the sentiment is great. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I love the layers you used and great pencil coloring. Terrific job. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so lovely! I love that card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable and perfect for the challenge, Cec. Another great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Mo's this week. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really sweet! Great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec