Sunday, April 4, 2010

Distressed Teddy

Happy Easter!  I hope you are enjoying your day.  We had brunch at my daughter's house this morning instead of doing a big Easter dinner.  My granddaughter was excited because she got to do an Easter Egg hunt and also received some toys and clothes.  She received a new science set and couldn't wait to show me the marbles that were growing in water - apparently they started out as granules the size of the head of a teeny pin.  My daughter graduated with an Honours Degree in Bio-Medical Sciences so she is anxious to see that her kids get exposed to the sciences as well as other subjects so they can choose which appeals to them.  The baby was just happy to show off his walking skills and play with his new toys.  He is too young for candy.

The challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog requires that you make a distressed card featuring one of Sassy Cheryl's images.  I had never distressed anything but after my disappointment with the Easter cards, I am happy with this one and hope you like it too.



I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Cooking It Up With Kate - Something New (Technique), Something Old (Charm has been in my stash for 6 years) and Something Sweet ( Teddy's are so sweet)
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Scrap It (The only thing that didn't come from my bits and pieces box was the card blank)
S2G Challenges - Anything Goes

The image is called Hanging Out To Dry and was a generous freebie from Cheryl for her group members on Paper Craft Planet and I sure hope he isn't too distressed hanging by one arm!  It has been coloured using a combination of Prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencil crayons.  The papers are from Basic Grey and my stash.  The cardstock is from Lasting Impressions and my stash.  Other supplies used:  Ribbon (Michaels), Beads (my stash), Brads (Making Memories), Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger), Safety Pin (Dollarama), Butterfly Charm (my stash), Flower Punch (EK Paper Shapers) and Tag Punch (Martha Stewart).

21 comments:

  1. Hi Cec! this is just the sweetest little card.. I love your distressing~ your a natural girl...
    this little bear is so fun to color and play with.. your dp is a perfect accent for him...
    thanks for playing in the challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cec, this card is awesome. For your first distressing, you did an fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card!
    I love all the distressed layers and the image is super cute!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Cec, great colouring! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cec, what a STUNNING card. LOVE IT! It is adorable and I LOVE those flowers and ribbon with the sentiment. Great job again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so..this is just adorable! love this guy! glad u joined us at S2G!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great distressing, love your card.
    THanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's and good luck
    Hugs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!! Love your distressing..
    Thanks for joining us this week. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my this is totally fabulous I adore that image and you have coloured it so beautifully that distressing is great very effective I love it all thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Cec.. I love this iamge and you created a cutie! Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Cheryl's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another GREAT card my friend! WOW! I love Sugar Rush, just so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card.
    Sounds like you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just adorable!! Not surprising, of course....all your cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cec, for a lady who says she struggled with this concept, you sure did nail it!!! Love this card. Thanks for playing this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Back again! Cec, you did a wonderful job with this image! Love it!!! Thanks for joining us this week for Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is surely one of my favorite images, and I love that you used it for the distressing challenge!! So cute!! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Distressing, one of my favourite techniques. Love that image too, super cute. Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cec, love your card!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Twisted Thursday

    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that is just the cutest card!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along in the Shirley's 2 Girls challenge this week!!!! Your participation is greatly appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job with your first distressing. Sounds like you had a great Easter! Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at S2G's Twisted Thursday, hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute card. Thanks for joing us at S2G!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec