Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sassy Golfer

When I won the challenge at Sassy Cheryl's last week, I just knew that I just had to purchase the golfer boy image with my prize.  Then to my amazement I discovered that the current challenge requires that you use a boy image from Sassy Cheryl's.  How is that for good timing?  I decided to create a birthday card and have a recipient in mind.

Finding a verse for the inside was a little difficult but I managed to find something that would fit the golf part:

Here's a tip that can take 5 strokes off anyone's golf game.  It's called an eraser.

And then I added this for the birthday part:

Here's a tip that can take 5 years off anyone's age.  It's called a lie.




I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge - Boy image with Blue & Cream
Friday Sketchers - Sketch
Quixotic Challenges - Heavy Metal (button)
Little Red Wagon - Embossing
Penny's Challenges - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Happy Birthday

The image from Sassy Cheryl is called Sassy Boy Golfer and has been coloured using a combination of Prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencil crayons.  The papers are from a Provo Craft Scrap Pack, Karen Foster Designs and Cuddelbeez A Boy's Life collection (online).  The cardstock is Recollections (Michaels and the sentiment is computer generated.  Other supplies used:  Buttons (my stash), Golf Ball button (Michaels), Chalk (Mungyo), Circle Punch (EK Paper Shapers), Spots & Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug) and silver thread (my stash).

13 comments:

  1. Cec, this is adorable and the golf button is to die for . Amazing job once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cec you did a great job ok he is a must have.LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cute. The sentiments are funny.
    Congrats on winning the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh... I love the golfer dude! Great Job on the card! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cec- your cards are always so swesome! And love your sentiment for the inside...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic male card! Cute image! I love the papers too! Thanks for playing at CCC!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I love that image. Good choice. Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a awesome card! I love the golfer ...

    Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!

    Hugs,
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is adorable Cec and I love your sentiment.. it's perfecct for a golfer. Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week! Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card, Cec, I love the papers and your buttons! Thank you for joining again us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Cec, you are an absolute pro! I love what you did with this image and the golf button-just perfect! Thank you for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Cec!! gorgeous coloring hun! thank you for joining in with CCC!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh fab! Love the image. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec