Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Phindy's Grande Dame

The new Phindy's Place Challenge Blog was launched last week and the first challenge is very friendly - Anything Goes.  Of course you must use one of Phindy's images on your project but that is easy because there are so many great ones to choose from. 

I am a bit frustrated because the colour on this photo does not do the card justice and no matter how much I played with it in Photoshop I could not make it look the actual card.  The purple rose looks a bit dark but if I lighten it, the mat and image look too light.  I finally gave up and have decided I need to take either photography lessons or Photoshop lessons.  Although come to think of it, the real problem could be my fancy homemade photo booth - a white sheet wrapped around a cookie sheet leaning against the wall on my kitchen counter so I can take advantage of the under cabinet lighting - lol.  Because of the thickness of the lace, everything is popped up and very dimensional.




I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Creative Belli - Die Cuts
Cooking It Up With Katie - Purple and 3 of something (Flowers)
Scrappy Frogs - Pick 3 (Die Cut, Lace, Digi Image)

The image from Phindy's Place is called Grande Dame and has been coloured using a combination of Prismacolor & Koh-I-Noor pencil crayons.  The paper is from Paper Pizazz.  The cardstock is Recollections (Michaels) and my stash.  Other supplies used:  Flowers (bridal supply store), Ribbon (Fabricland), Lace (my stash), Pearl Stickers (Recollections from Michaels), Leaf & Branch Punches (Martha Stewart), Chalk (Mungyo) and Die Cut Mat (cut from Cricut Sentimentals cartridge).

19 comments:

  1. Oh Cec, you sooo rocked this image! This is a completely gorgeous card!
    Thanks so much for participating in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks better IRL. Nothing can capture the beauty the eye sees! Many have come close but the eye always wins that challenge!
    Your card is adorable and especially the lace and flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and very cute image!
    Thanks so much for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is sooooo cute! and my fav colors!!! and I think you must have MY light kit LOL except my pillowcase is wrapped around an old plastic ugly cutting board!!! hey, we use what we got...right! thanks so much for entering Phindy's challenge and I have enjoyed getting to know you (reading your postings over on PCP!)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little mouse. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Frogs. Hugs, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cec, this is just the most gorgeous card. The colors are awesome as is the coloring. Thanks for playing along with us sweetie!!! Have I said how much I love your blog background!?! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cec, it's way beyond fabulous! I absolutely love the colours and the lace (I'm a sucker for lace). And you know I'm drooling over that frame.. lol
    Thanks for joining in to Phindy's Place Challenge and I hope you find time to play with us next week too!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card and perfect for Cooking it up with Katie. Thanks for joining us this time. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great card! I love the designpaper you've used...
    Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place Challenge this week!
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, your photo looks great to me!

    i love the colour combo and the image is so cute! love the layout
    thank you so much for joining us this week at Phindys Place, i hope that you will join us again soon
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cec, this is just perfect--Love what you did with this image! The colors couldn't be better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Cec, I can't say anything about how the card looks IRL but I think it looks adorable on your picture!!! So I think no reason to worry :)
    I LOVE your card.. just beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining us *smile* And I hope to see one of your wonderful creations next week again :)
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome, Cec!! Great card! So glad you could join us at Phindy's Place Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cec this is such a beautiful card. Without seeing it in real life I can only say the colours look great to me and you've really captured all those dimensional bits perfectly, love it!

    Thanks for playing along at Phindy's Place Challenge Blog, hope you'll join us again this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an absolutely adorable image and I sooo love the colors you used!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec