Friday, April 30, 2010

New Home

I made this card with one of  Daisy Doodles' cute images for someone who might be celebrating the purchase of a new home.  Moving is such a chore but yet it is so exciting to be in a new house - almost like a new start.  I put a verse inside this card that says:

Enjoy your new home,
and may it be a place
of beautiful memories
for years to come!

By the way, have you entered the challenge at Daisy Doodles yet.  We would love it if you would come on over and show us anything but a card.  It can be an altered item, a gift container, a post-it note holder; the possibilities are as unlimited as your creativity.  The challenge is open for another week so come and play.




I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Something 3D
Die Cut Dreams - Make Your Own Flowers
Quixotic Challenges - How Distressing
The Secret Crafter - Distressing
Cute Card Thursday  - Make Your Own
Stampavie  - Distressing

The image from Daisy Doodles is called Home - Sweet Home and can be purchased here and here.  I have coloured it with a combination of Prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencil crayons.  The papers are from Recollections (Michaels), K & Company, DCWV and my stash.  The card stock is Recollections (Michaels).  Other supplies used:  Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger), Raffia (my stash), Button (my stash),  and Charm (my stash).

8 comments:

  1. love the colours! Thank you so much for entering DCD this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Cec, love the image and the flower is lovely, thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...I love these rich tones you used! Beautiful card, Cec!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - fab papers!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the layout and distressing. did you make your flower?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful colours you used and I that tiny key is perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge with your beautiful card, Your handmade flowers are gorgeous.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! The warm colors and the image are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at SAM challenge.

    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec