Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Card

I'm back - hope you missed me!  I was out in Medicine Hat, Alberta to visit my Mother-in-Law and while I was there we looked at alternative living space for her since she is finding it stressful living alone in her home now that she is 88 and not as well.  We also eliminated as much paperwork as we could so the bills aren't as confusing to her.

After catching up on house cleaning, grocery shopping and a pile of errands I am finally able to craft again and have something to show you.  Since it is Easter weekend, I thought I better tackle a couple cards for my grandchildren.  I am a bit disappointed in them though because I tried a different paper and while I didn't get any smearing, it didn't blend as nicely so I won't be using that again.

This card features an image from Phindy's Place and is one I will be able to use over and over on cards for all ages.  Scroll down to the next post to see the second card I made.




The image is called Easter Tree and has been coloured using a combination of Koh-I-Noor and Prismacolor pencil crayons.  The papers and cardstock are from my stash.  Other supplies used:  Pearl Stickers (Dollarama), Ribbon (Michaels), Branch Punch (Martha Stewart), Silk Flowers (Michaels), Paper Flowers (Bridal Supply Store), Nestabilities (Spellbinders) and Pearl Ex.

2 comments:

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec