Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sympathy Card for Phindy's Challenge

The challenge at Phindy's Place Challenge this week is to use ribbon.  I selected this beautiful image from Phindy thinking it would be perfect for a sympathy card so all I had to figure out was how to use the ribbon tastefully.  By its nature I don't think a sympathy card should be overly embellished so I hope I have accomplished that with this one.  I have put the following verse inside:

Within our hearts
and in our memories
those we love
remain with us
always.

Thinking of you
at this difficult time.




I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Phindy's Place - Ribbon
A Spoon Full of Sugar - 3D something
Stamping Royalty  - Punches
Little Red Wagon  - Sympathy

 The image from Phindy's Place is called Quiet Afternoon and has been coloured with a combination of Prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencil crayons and Mungyo chalk.  The paper is from a Provo Craft Scrap Pack and the card stock is Recollections (Michaels).  The sentiment is computer generated.  Other supplies used:  Ribbon (Fabricland), Skeleton Leaf (Graphic Products), Border Punch (Martha Stewart) and Nestabilities (Spellbinder).

16 comments:

  1. Cec, you did a very lovely job with this card. I love your colors, your
    punched borders and lovely ribbon and leaf. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing along with us.
    Phindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place challenge.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love that boarder punch. Such an elegant looking card. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wish I could brave one of those scenes, I'm always afraid of coloring them and your result is so beautiful and serene!
    Thanks for playing at Phindy's! Please tell me you'll be back!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I think ribbon goes with any card, well except manly ones. They put ribbon on flower arrangements for a funeral...don't they!!!!
    Your card is perfect with the ribbon, but I am a 'ribbony' girl. Your coloring of the image is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card- I love the stamp you used. The borders are beautiful too! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the co-ordinating ribbon and leaf, so elegant and such a lovely tranquil scene

    Thanks for playing along at Phindy's Place Challenge

    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just stunning, Cec!! I really love the verse you put inside. So perfect for this beautiful image!!

    Thank you for joining us at Phindy's Place and hope to see you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely card, Cec-how very special. I struggle with bereavement. Words just seem so inadequate. Thank you for joining us this week at the Phindy's Place Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, VERY pretty card! I love the colors and layout you chose. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, Cec! And I think your image and paper choices are perfect for a sympathy card! Great work - as always!
    Thanks for joining us again @ Phindys Place challenge this week and looking forward to seeing your entry for next week :) :) :)
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your absolutely beautiful card will give comfort to your friend I'm sure - it is so pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so beautiful - great coloring with the pencils!!! love how you are able to combine so many challenges!
    thanks for playing at Phindy's again (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that border punch. Great job. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Royalty.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec